Luxman Mii7

t-man

Anybody know anything about this amp? LUXMAN MII7

Please tell. I can't find anything on internet about it.

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

Cummon guys. Did I stump you??

t-man

------------------

KG 5.5 (mains)

KG 2.2v (center)

KG 1 (rears)

KSW-12 (sub)

Denon AVR 681/1601

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Kenwood LVD700 LD

Sony CD changer

Sony 27" Trinitron

Sony PLX I

Found a listing in the October 92 Audio magazine for the M117. It is 200 watts/channel and bridgeable. List price was $1250.00 from 1989 - 1992. (My records only go back to Oct 89). Looks like it was their top of the line model.

I had a forerunner of that amp - M102 maybe, I don't recall the model for sure, but it was 140Wx2, and very smooth. I powered a pair of cornwalls with it. In fact I had a whole Luxman rig at that time. It was all really nice gear. So if you're lookin' to maybe buy the 117, I'd say go for it. It's solid.

------------------

JDMcCall

• 2 weeks later...

hmmmmmm, well cant say that i have had the same experience of sound with my adcom 555 mk II but then again my chorus II's are in another league than those DQ 10's so maybe that was part of the problem you were hearing. Unless i misunderstood you and this was just another adcom bashing. But either way my adcom and klipsch for me are a nice match. As far as the luxman cant say much about it other than i have heard others praise luxman equipment so could very well be a nice addition for you t-man. In my case the only place i will go from my adcom is up the ladder to some nice tube mono-blocks Smile.gif

Hey thanks for the tip deang. I was thinking of trying a tube pre with my adcom before switching to tube amps. From your opinion sounds like i am on the right track. Dont mean to change your topic t-man just seems like one topic always leads to another Smile.gif