Are Klipsch Quintets good ??

cobrabites

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi.....

This will be my first time buying Klipsch speakers and i am trying to set up a home theater environment. If i buy 4 of these quintet speakers can i have a surround sound setup by connecting them through my reciever?? And Finally are Klipsch Quintets good speakers??

Thanks

I'll jump in since I just bought a set for my Dad for his first home theater setup. To have a surround setup for home theater, you'll need 5 speakers (need to add a center channel to the 4 Quintets you are talking about). The actual Quintet set IS 5 speakers, but often there are wild pairs sold on Ebay. To have the best matching sound across the front, you SHOULD have the Quintet center and it is not sold separately. I'd suggest buying a full 5-speaker Quintet setup. Yes, you'll pay a little more, perhaps, than buying 4 singles and some other center, but I think it's worth it. One place with reasonable on-line prices (although not factory authorized) is www.acousticsounddesign.com. Also, you will definitely need a subwoofer (like the Klipsch KSW-10 or KSW-12). These Quintets are not designed for bass at all.

That said, tell us how important it is to you that this setup also work well for regular music listening, and what percentage of time you spend with music versus home theater. The Quintets do great with HT, but are a bit weak on music. If music is important, but your budget and space are tight, try the Klipsch Synergy System 6. You can find the components of this setup (see the www.klipsch.com web site under Home Audio/Synergy) on E-bay, as well.

Of course, you also need a home theater receiver, but I assume you have one.

Doug

How much are you looking to spend?

Whats your limit?

What are you going to use them for as doug asked. Music or HT . or both?

How big is your room?

can you tell the difference between a 192bps and a 320bps coded audio file?

If you can answer those questions for us, we could help you with developing your HT system.

The quintets are good speakers, but there are better in the same class.

Klipsch may not like this but, I would go with the Paradigm Cinima series. They will give you a smoother sound, for less money. ( 600$ for the whole setup, last time I checked)

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)

Klipsch Pro Media v2 400 ( soon to be 4.1 )

2 Fisher STV-873's on front channel

2 Fisher surrounds on rear channel

KILL HIM!!

*SMACK*

*POW*

*BANG*

*CRASH*

*BASH*

!! you were kidding right !!

------------------

K6-2 450

SB Live Value ( not 5.1)

Klipsch Pro Media v2 400 ( soon to be 4.1 )

2 Fisher STV-873's on front channel

2 Fisher surrounds on rear channel

Hey to much of this Boards dismay, I have personally heard the Bose Wave Radio and I think its pretty darn good. A friend of mine has it, now of course this can't do HT reproduction but that little thing sings pretty decently. I just wish that they wouldn't charge so much because at that price it sure isn't worth it.

Quintets... awesome for the cash and for a introduction into HT. Music; take it a step up a notch and go for Synergy 6. Quintets can't match the frequency for music. If u go with Quintets get a nice subwoofer because that sure is going to be doing a lot of work.

JPK