Looking for AMP suggestions

Grand11

I'm traveling along the upgrade path (as we all do) and have come to the point where I feel the next logical upgrade for my sysytem is to build away from my reciever and towards an amp/pre-amp proc combo unit. So I settled on looking for an Amplifier to power the speakers and using my current reciever's pre-outs for now.

I currently run an RF-35 system (RC-35 and RS-35) which have a stated maximum load of 125watts. I'm also running a Denon 3801 reciever right now. So what I'm looking for is a solid 5 channel amplifier that will in essense "wake up" my speakers (though 7 is acceptable). I was so so so impressed when I replaced my JBL system with the 35s it was like hearing movies for the first time. The impression I've been given is that with the proper SS Amp I would get this feeling again, but as I'm starting to drift into the truely high-end territory with single components costing two to four thousand, I realy feel doing my homework is critical (yeah I know they go way higher, but atthat point you're usually driving Watt Puppy 7s).

So, In the communities opinion: What would be a good amp choice as far as really optimizing my 35s (not planning to replace them anytime soon). I was originally looking at a Sunfire Cinema Seven, but last night I picked the brain of a Genesis sales rep who said the direction I needed to go was Lexicon which was leagues better. Next thing I know I'm looking at 400watt per channel monsters that would probably fry my speakers and cost me my house to buy. Reality Check time: I just need whats best for my speakers; I'm building around those.

Suggestions I know of:

Sunfire Cinema Seven

Lexicon CX-5

The only limits I have are:

1. I want a multi-channel amp. I have no room for 5 mono-blocks, and most I would do is 5 channel now and add a 2 channel later

2. Rember if it will kill my 35s then it's overkill for me. Building around the speakers.

Other models I should consider?

Klipsch speakers are high efficient speakers and they really sounded good with tube amps.

My suggestion would be an Adcom which gives you good value for the money.

I have an adcom which had been modified by John Hillig. The mod includes BlackGate caps, Schottky power rectifiers throughout.

• Like 1