Will Klipsch offer an Upgrade On their Speaker Wire?

I'm on the market for a new system and waiting to hear the upcoming Klipsch 5.1 before I buy. But, before I buy a Klipsch system I really want to know what the latest is on Klipsch upgrading their speakerwire! Are they going to? The ones I have heard and looked at have very crappy wire. I could change the wire but have no idea how to propperly place a 1/8" jack on it and, form the looks of the forum, I could have I very high chance of having a problem w/ a set of Klips and do not want to void their warrenty!!!

So, whats the latest on the Klip wire?

I hope someone from Klipsch reads this! If you don't do something about your wires (or tell me how I can w/out violating a warrenty if I buy your product) I will be weighing my options w/ a bugget system, Monsoom MM-2000 $215 or, go all out on a set of Videologic Sirocco Crossfires!

I just want to say that Klipsch 4.1 speakers are excellent. But, with this one very serious yet easily fixable problem I need to know exactly how I can fix the problem myself (without a warrenty violation) or if Klip will solve this for me VERY SOON!

Its hard enough sitting here waiting to hear the Klip 5.1 system when I have the cash and I'm ready to buy!!!

I know a number of you guys out there have upgraded your wire yourselves. Be honest and pls tell me on a scale of 1 to 10 how much of an improvement did you hear w/ better wire installed???

This message has been edited by bradestes on 06-09-2001 at 03:38 PM

I guess it does improve the sound from what I have read. Klipsch is working on some possible upgrade cables last word I heard.

------------------

1GHz TBird

Abit KT7A-RAID

Kingmax 256MB PC150 256MB PC133 Infinion

Annihilator2 32MB GT§

Intel Pro100+Management NIC

Promise Ultra100

IBM 75GXP 45GB ATA100 Maxtor DMP6800 27.2GB ATA66

Plextor 16X10X40A §ony 12X DVD

§BLive! 5.1

AOpen HX08 Full Tower 300W

§ony CPD-G400 19" Triny

ProMedia 4.1

I replaced my speaker wire ( as described here ) and it made all the difference in the world. However, IF the original speaker wire actually functioned as it was suppose to then there would have been no need to swap it. The problem I had with the original wire (and I suspect many others had the same issue) was it's inability to simply carry the signal cleanly. Whenever the wire was bumped, moved or bent you could hear static coming from the speaker. Often when I'd power up my system I'd soon realize that only one satellite was working, and I'd have to fiddle with the speaker wire to get sound from the other one.

Normally you have use and abuse speaker wire over years before you start developing shorts in the wire. Well, the speaker wire that came with my Klipsch 2.1s seems to have been made with those shorts already built in...lucky me. If I had to live with that inferior speaker wire, then I wouldn't have...I would've returned the speakers. But when I did manage to get a decent signal to the speakers it was obvious to my ears that these are some damn fine sounding speakers, and thus I didn't want to give up on them.

I decided it was a problem I could fix myself...and did. Very pleased with the results.cwm35.gif

---

Here's some pics of how I mounted the satellites.

I just found out from "dayton" that the Klip 5.1 will have clips at both ends for standard speaker wire!!! This is TOO COOL!!! This solves the last piece of the puzzle, which was making me lean towards Videologics Crossfires!

Now if the dual 8" subwoofer on the new Klip 5.1 is all that its sounds as if it will be then, I'm getting those things the day they come out!!!

(After I stop at a highend audio store and buy the best wire they carry!)