Help with matching a receiver to my Klipsch speakers

harbolt

Can anyone recommend a good receiver match to my Klipsch speaker system. I currently have Klipsch Forte II speakers for my fronts, KG-1 speakers for my surround, and Klipsch KV-3 for my center. I was looking at the Yamaha rx-v 740 but some say that might be too bright for my already bright speakers. I then was looking at the Marantz sr6300. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions on this topic. I don't have the ability to get out and try a lot of different receivers so I want to get it right the first time. Please help. Thanks.

Brent

harbolt,

You might gain some insight by looking down in HT for the post "receiver to go with my r7's"........Not much attention here for Yamaha products though. If You get the chance to listen and like it-go with it! Alot of answeres depend on your budget, room size, and what you want out of the system. Sounds like, speaker wise, you already have a fairly excellent start............good luck getting out to listen to some systems. (take a sample of music YOU listen to with you.).

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=42726&sessionID={D45E9902-2B2F-45F0-BB72-0EED94F98911}

I run a Yamaha RX-V2095 to power my Forte II's.

at times, I would say its bright for music only.

the 740 is not one of Yamaha's better receivers and could play a role in how it sounds.

most posts say to try out Dennon and HK.

with a proper return policy, one should be able to try out all three brands out.

maybe take home a demo model or two to try.

Denon, Marantz, and NAD come to mind for some good matches. To be honest, sound is subjective, so it is really in the "ear" of the beholder. I have seen some people use Yamaha with their Klipsch speakers, and feel it is not an over bright combination at all. I have a Denon 3803 receiver with Klipsch KG5.5 towers all the way around.

Like some of the other posts have said, go out and demo using the CDs and DVDs you are the most familiar with.