Sub's stuck into the carpet???

ccsakura

Does anyone know how to solve the problem with the sub's stuck into the carpet and the bass was weakened that it was only audiable but not really strong??? I tried to place the sub into somewhere that's hard floor and it was really shaking the house in the same volume? Will a chairmat will help to spread the bass to whole bedroom? Thanks in advance 9.gif

The best way to get the most shake N bake out of a sub is to use security double sided tape and fix the sub to the floor.This will prevent the subwoofer cabinet from moving during intense workout and transmit the most energy to the floor.

This works best with very compact and powerful subs like Sunfire and Velodyne.However with a PM 5.1 sub where the woofers are opposed this trick will not help much.And a carpet does not eat bass,contrary to some urban legend.Yes carpets do affect the upper registers alot,but sub bass...not to any extent we may call it a clear loss.

Try the sub in a corner or against a wall opposed to your listening spot.

----------------

On 12/18/2003 11:21:36 PM TheEAR wrote:

The best way to get the most shake N bake out of a sub is to use security double sided tape and fix the sub to the floor.This will prevent the subwoofer cabinet from moving during intense workout and transmit the most energy to the floor.

This works best with very compact and powerful subs like Sunfire and Velodyne.However with a PM 5.1 sub where the woofers are opposed this trick will not help much.And a carpet does not eat bass,contrary to some urban legend.Yes carpets do affect the upper registers alot,but sub bass...not to any extent we may call it a clear loss.

Try the sub in a corner or against a wall opposed to your listening spot.

----------------

Thanks for reply 9.gif . I just tried to use something heavy to push the subwoofer to the floor(instead of using tape, I don't wanna pull it out later). It wasn't really help alot as you said.

I'm placing the sub into the corner of the room and I'm sitting in front of the room(A rectangle shaped room, I'm in the front of the middle). But I found out the bass isn't really sufficent afterall. Is that the subwoofer was too small for the room? My room has 15feetx12feet, does it mean I should get a better sub like RW10 or RW12 for fulfilling this size of the room?(ouch bugs bite again 9.gif )

----------------

On 12/19/2003 8:32:09 AM InnovaZero wrote:

Yes, to tell you the truth, the only MM sub I would use in a decent sized room as a HT sub is the Ultra(6-11db louder in the 25-60hz region to the 5.1 sub). But I would ditch the 5.1 sub and grab something like the Polk PSW404 or RW-10.

----------------

Thanks for info. I've been looking for new sub from now on

I heard many comments about the RW-10 doesnt have enough power to have great volume. Does my home need bigger size of sub like RW-12 for my room size?? Or sticking with RW-10/Polk PSW404(same size sub) is fine?

Well with you speakers, I'd opt for RW-10 if you want good blending. But The RW-12 should blend plenty fine with you speakers...but provide you with more volume and depth. Same goes for the PSW404/505 series. Im sure Ear has had a little more exposure to these subs then I have..so wait a few for him to post hopefully.

----------------

On 12/19/2003 10:55:27 AM InnovaZero wrote:

Well with you speakers, I'd opt for RW-10 if you want good blending. But The RW-12 should blend plenty fine with you speakers...but provide you with more volume and depth. Same goes for the PSW404/505 series. Im sure Ear has had a little more exposure to these subs then I have..so wait a few for him to post hopefully.

----------------

Thanks alot for answering 9.gif . I guess I'd go ahead for RW-12 or PSW 505 instead of getting RW-10 or PSW 404 because I'm planned to upgrade the speakers afterwards(and it seems there's too many comment baout RW-10 doesn't louad enough). Thanks again 9.gif