ksw-12

companion

Brad,

From what I've read, most people on this board are not big fans of the KSW series. I recently purchased a KSW-12 on sale for $300. I'm very pleased with the sub for the price. Is it as good as the RW series or some of the SVS subs everyone talks about? No, I'm sure it is not. But for the price I think it is a fine addition. Part of whether or not it will work for you depends on your application and existing system. Good luck.

I went to best buy and listened to the sub it sounded great and i can find then new in box for 230 dollars i just purchased a dsp-a3090 reciever for my stereo and i have 2 bose 701 tower speaker's those have rear firing 8" powered sub's they are pretty bassy i just need a little more oomf so i think that the ksw-12 will do just fine i heard people say down firing sub's sound better it take's out alot of ring 3.gif3.gif6.gif11.gif

yes Bose does make a tower speaker where you plug it in with a bass adjuster and a LFE adjuster right on the sub they are excellent speaker's here is an ebay item http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3067168715&category=14993 if you want good surround tower's i have never heard a better sounding tower in my life they are excellent sounding for almost everything they arnt very good for extremely loud heavy metal they are good for pretty much every thing i listen to ac/dc on them it is amazing i can really crank them i put a cd that went down to 20 hz on them when it finaly got done to the end of the track when it hit 20hz the bass is still real strong and you can see the poster's vibrating on my wall recomended they are about 50 each and look very nice to i got mine for 400 they where missing some cables and the face plate's

I have a KSW12 and for the money I payed for it I can't complain. I would like to replace it with a more dominate bottom producing sub but for the time being it works ok. My room is 20x22 and I have the sub sitting on a 24" square x 1/2" thick piece of marble tile. This works great when you have carpeting.