Subwoofer identification, input cable

dpkeidl

Greetings.

I have just recently acquired a Klipsch powered subwoofer secondhand, but I only have the device itself, not any of the miscellany that might come with it, including an input cable or any documention.

I haven't been able to identify the subwoofer from the website information either by description or by picture (unfortunately many products on the site don't yet have pictures). It has the "A legend in sound Klipsch LLC" logo, the "Bash" logo, and a white sticker that has two P/N's on it, one titled "Klipsch P/N" (09050281210) and the other titled "Spares P/N" (143914-001). Searching for product numbers on the Klipsch website turns up no results, and the only two results for "bash" were speakers that are visually quite different from the one that I have.

So, I have two questions to anyone who might be able to help me.

Firstly, plainly, how can I identify what my subwoofer is?

Secondly, how can I acquire an input cord, user manual, and perhaps schematic for this speaker?

Any help would be appreciated.

Can you give us a picture of the amplifier panel? Also, you mention an "input connector." It sounds like the jacks you see are not standard RCA jacks. If not, it sounds like you have a sub from the Klipsch Pro-Media family, which is designed to work with PCs, and the sub amp also powers the remote satellite speakers, and it has some special connectors as a result.

DD

It is a non-standard input, and the subwoofer has an internal amp (although with no equalizing controls). However, the output to other speakers is not the sort of thing that I would expect to see on a subwoofer that's designed for computers. I'll attach pictures showing the input and output, the panel as a whole, and an overview of the device. The logos you see on the box are Klipsch, Bash, and THX.

klipsch_input.jpg

post-14099-13819250806478_thumb.jpg

If I am not mistaken, thats a sub for the Promedia 4.1. The amp on the back is to connect the sats that useally come with it. So those are outputs not inputs. Belive it or not, it should be on the web site. If you put your mouse on classic produt a menu should appear. Click on promedia and some of the older Klipsch computer speakers should show up. The one you have I belive belongs to the 4.1. Hope this helps.

CD

Yep,not a mistake.This IS a ProMedia 4.1 first revision sub,should come with four sats.

You could get Klipsch Quintet or Klipsch RSX sats with this sub/amp.

I hipe you have the remote pod at least,if not you would need to order one from a Klipsch dealer or Klipsch store.

Well, I'm not particularly worried about having more satellite speakers, since I already have several of various types. However, the "pod" might be the piece that I need to get.

The rightmost circular port on the panel photo is the input, and I don't have any connector that's anything like that. I suspect that it's a Klipsch-specific input from "the remote pod".

Can anyone confirm this for me? What purpose does the pod fill?

• 11 months later...

Since posting this thread quite a while ago, and not having gotten in touch with a Klipsch dealer, I've let the subwoofer sit for a while unusued. Now, I'm unable to find a way to acquire a remote pod for an "obsolete product" like the ProMedia 4.1. So, we took the speaker apart to see what the circuitry looked like on the inside, and found that something's not working quite right.

The power supply seems to be giving 50 volts to a card with a large copper coil on it. From that card, the output is only 7 volts, going to the five amplifier boards. This wouldn't be enough to power these boards, so I suspect that, even if I do find a remote pod, this speaker wouldn't work correctly.

On the other hand, it is possible that the pod, in some way, turns the speaker "on" when it sends information to it, and without that "on" signal, the speaker is simply not passing on the full strength of the power supply. So, that may be what's causing the problem.

I asked for information about schematic before, and didn't receive a reply. Since this is an old speaker system now, it's possible that the information is out there, and I'm just unable to find it on my own. If anyone knows where I could get it, I'd appreciate it. Alternatively, if anyone knows enough about the inner-workings of the speaker that they'd be able to give me some information about what's going on, any little bit helps.

I'm posting a few pictures of the interior for reference.

klipsch211.jpg

post-14099-13819250807328_thumb.jpg

• 5 years later...

This is weird. Yesterday, I found one of these at Goodwill for $19.99. I grabbed it up because I know Klipsch is a great name in speakers and I love what subwoofers can add to the sound of a stereo system. I failed to check it out thoroughly before buying it. I didn't notice that it has a proprietary input and am wondering if I should just take it back or if there is a way I can hook it to my system in a conventional manner or do I have to spend a bunch of money to buy the obsolete other parts of it. What I have is exactly like what you pictured.

Thanks.