Installation of DD5.1

jzzmn

----------------

On 12/25/2003 11:34:56 PM jzzmn wrote:

I recently purchased the ProMedia ultra 5.1 speakers. I also purchased the Promedia DD5.1 decoder. I am trying to hook up

this to my Audigy 2 Platinum Soundcard. Do I use a optical or digital cable.

4.gif

----------------

there should be a digital out that is a rca type plud. hook that up to the sp/dif in, in the dd5.1. Optical cable cost about 30 dollars for 3 feet and you cannot bend it or it will break. Just goto radio shack and buy a rca male cable for about 3 dollars for 6 feet.

actually u need just http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=42-2365 that might be a bit long though. and digital or optical is up to you but it is cheaper for digital. As optical is not that great i hear, people say it does not sound warm. Plus the wire costs alot. Merry christmas and i hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...

I would recommend Monster Cable THX certified and also you should buy here from Klipsh's online store Monster speaker wire THX certified. It is around $100 but you will be blown away with sound. 5.1 Monster kit form Klipsch goes for $70 and optical and coax digital cable Monster THX are $25 for 8ft.