What Sub

Tenn

----------------

On 12/26/2003 5:46:51 PM easylistener wrote:

There is a huge differnce between the rsw12 and the rw12. The rsw12 is a way better sub and you will hear the differnce.

----------------

A mere ten days ago I purchased my very first Klipsch speaker, an RW-12 to compliment my 10 year old plus Pinnacle PN8+'s, and to replace the passive Pinnacle sub I had been using. The salesman at the audio store told me that the RW-12 would have more bass than the larger KSW-15. And the store offers a 1 year 'trade up' policy, so if I want better, I can always pay the difference.

So, my question is... how much more output does the RSW12 have over the RW-12 ? How much more output does the RSW-15 have over the RSW-12? I.e., dbs at 30 hz @ X %thd or however best to quantify such things?

Thanks for the help.

Cleve

I think you are getting the lines mixed up. The rsw is the best sub line Klipsch makes. The rw are the new subs they are making and the ksw are the older ones. The RSW12 will be like two or three rw12's. The ksw15 will not even come close to the rsw12 in sound quility and punch. I wasn't a big fan of the ksw15 way to boomy.

----------------

On 12/27/2003 12:09:21 AM easylistener wrote:

I think you are getting the lines mixed up. The rsw is the best sub line Klipsch makes. The rw are the new subs they are making and the ksw are the older ones. The RSW12 will be like two or three rw12's. The ksw15 will not even come close to the rsw12 in sound quility and punch. I wasn't a big fan of the ksw15 way to boomy.

----------------

Actually, I'm not confusing the lines. I understand the KSW is the 'Best Buy' low end line. When I visited my local Klipsch authorized dealer, the dealer told me that the RW line was superior to the KSW line, and that the RW12 would have actually MORE bass output than the larger KSW-15.

You say the RSW-12 has actually two or three times the output of the RW-12? Does anyone have metrics/test results to substantiate this? If it indeed is a vastly superior speaker, I can (and probably will) trade up the RW-12 to the RSW-12. But its hard to give a big subwoofer a thorough workout in a dealer showroom I would think. So that's why I'd like to see some numbers that back this up.

Cleve

lets get things clear here

"The RSW12 will be like two or three rw12's."

Not the case,the RW12 compared to the RSW12 break out like this...

A.The RSW12 is cleaner,almost no cabinet/port noise.

B.The RSW12 has a bit more output down low

C.The RSW12 uses a slightly more capable woofer,over double the amp power and a PR.

This is no way makes equal to even two RW12's in output,its quality is in a higher league.And this comes from someone who owns all the RSW12 and tested the RW12.1.gif