Heresy risers - slant vs. standard - worth changing?

milton10

I have a pair of circa 1978 Heresies that have the standard "flat" risers that came with them when I purchased the speakers (the "flat" risers raise the speakers off the ground about 2" even to the ground - they do not point the speakers slightly upward).

My question is: Do the "slanted" risers provide a benefit in sound quality (since the tweeter/squalker) are now pointed more towards your ears)? I am torn between the original Heritage look of the "flat" risers (for the sake of "accuracy" to their vintage) or the better sound of the "slants."

Is this change worth the time and effort to make?

Thanks!

Milton

Do the slant risers, IMO. My 77 Heresy's sound a lot better when tilted up in the front. And, this is/was a factory option, so adding it not wrecking the originality of your speakers, again IMO.

There's a thread or two in the two-channel section, on the first or second page as of this posting. Very informative. A member measured his risers, he has more than one pair of factory slant risers. Anyway, he gives the dimensions.

go here.

Tom