Voltage question

winatabp

Friends, i have aragon 8oo8bb amp and aragon aurum pre amp. The current voltage is 110v and ussualy used in USA. Right now I live in Indonesia Asia. Local voltage is 220 voltage. I managed to use a voltage conventer but it significantly degrades the sound quality and worse made a hum noises from the voltage conv.

My question: can i change my amp and pre amp voltage? How? Can it be done by myself? I am just a listener and no tech background.

9.gif

If there is no switch on the back of the amp and preamp, changing voltage will be expensive, but possible. You will have to have the transformers changed from 110 in and whatever out to 220 in and whatever out. The new transformer must nearly the same size and cause no more EM field than the original, too.

Your step-down transformer is the best wat to go. Maybe you can find a better quality transformer. Hums are often caused by poor or no ground. Have a technician investigate the grounding scheme in your step-down transformer. In the U.S. the 110V scheme is black is "hot" (110V), white is ground, or neutral and the middle, round prong on the plug is green and a second or "safety" ground (neutral). White and green are connected in the circuit breaker box.