KG5.5 Satin Finish

Flason

I have a pair of KG5.5's that started this whole Klipsch speaker fetish. They lead to the purchase of KLF30's, 2 KLFC7's, and a pair of KSP400's. I still have a soft-spot in my heart for the KG's, but they really need a good skin. They are a little scratched-up and I would like to refinish them. There are no deep groves except for what comes out of the front side. Are there any Home Depot recipies I could use to refinish them? How about touch-up paint? Any particular brand or color? They are the black satin finish. Thanks.

Hey Flason.Know what you mean about the 5.5's.I have a pair that I'm not using but just can't sell.They still sound great.

Talk to Trey or maybe BobG will jump in.A while back I inquired about the balck satin finish and,relying on memory,found out it was a 30 sheen black lacquer.I believe it was BobG that said scuff sand and spray.I personally only found gloss black lacquer locally and thought about using that and sanding between coats with 0000 steel wool for that low sheen look.Never tried it though.Bought new paint on top of new speakers.

Hope this helps.

Keith