Subwoofer placement??

wegland

I put my subwoofer 1 feet aways from my feet (under my desk), and I think the bass of 4.1 become so blur and boomy ( I set my window setting as what klipsch said, and my speaker main :50%, Bass:33%). Do you think I am too close to my subwoofer which cause all the distortion?

When the promedia sub is corner loaded, it looses all acuracy to speak of. I recommend having it away from a corner if possible, and not right under your desk. You don't want to be in the line of fire of one of the woofers because the bass becomes to loud. If you place the sub right you can get pretty good bass accuracy. I don't think what you are talking about is the subs fault.

Man, it's going to be nice to get out of this dorm room so I can attempt to properly place my speakers.

I too have my stub about 1' from my feet, but I don't think the bass sounds too bad. Would you guys describe the bass as being "blurry" if it just retardedly loud, with all the notes sounding more or less the same? Mine isn't that way, but I'm just looking for a definition.

------------------

I hate you, Milkman Dan.

First of all, the sub isn't that tight to start with, and if you put it in a corner you can't really hear the differerence between a bass drum and a bass playing. It all just blends together. I think if you want accuracy you should have the side pointed at you, the front port is pushing twice as much air as one driver, but through a small hole. The driver also has a lot more room. The reason Klipch added a port was to greatly enhance efficiency and loudness. People spending 250 on speakers want volume over accuracy. The reason yours doesn't sound that way is probably due to placement. If you put it in a confined area, you will know what I am talking about.