Where do I buy Replacement Parts?

crobin23452

A friend of mine has Heresey 2 speakers. He has had the tweeter and woofer replaced twice, and they still keep blowing. He thinks the service place is not using true Klipsch products? Where can buy the right stuff or send off for a new tweeter or woofer for these speakers? Thanks

2 ways... Go to an authorised Klipsch dealer....and have them order the parts or call Klipsch at the 1 800 number...they can help you too.

Also, he might want to have his amp checked out. This might be a good idea.. FYI "Heritage" products like the Heresies are pretty hard to blow. IMO

Thanks for answering. He has a Denon 300 watt (2 channel - 150 watt per channel) amp. After he couldn't seem to keep these from blowing, he bought from the Synergy Series KSF 10.5. They are great. He wants 2 more speakers to creat more of a surround sound in the room, there in lies the issue, do we try and fix the Heresies which are great too, or do we buy the bestest out there right now. That is my next question I posted under the General forum, which Klipsch are the best out there right now in your opinion. Thanks for all your help.

Certainly the advice above is good.

My thought is that your friend is overdriving the units. That is to say, it probably is not a matter of cheapo replacement parts, if indeed there are cheapo replacement parts involved.

My guess is that there is only one manufacturer of the EV-35/K-77 diaphragm and voice coil. The little gems can only take 5 watts.

You might ask Klipsch whether there were any heavy duty drivers made for a theater version of the Heresy. Maybe so.

But in any case, there is no substitute for rational levels of drive.

Gil

If your friend blew the original woofer, my guess is he is likely to continue doing it, real Klipsch replacement parts on not, unless he turns it down. Heresy IIs just don't have the bass response some folks want. If that is the issue, he needs to get different speakers with better bass response, or a good subwoofer.

Geniune repair parts are available from Klipsch. Call their 800 number. If the one in the box now says Klipsch K-24-K, it is the right one. I don't know how many manufacturers make replacement diaphragms for the tweeter. ElectroVoice, the original manufacturer, stopped making them years ago. I think they sold the tooling to someone who is making them to this day. I would bet their are other aftermarket manufacturers, probably in asia. But the problem probably isn't the source. If you are blowing woofers, it is reasonable that you might blow tweeters.