New Paradigm Seismic 12 -- Info?

Jabez Scratch

What is ground breaking about the new Paradigm Seismic series.

The woofers used by the Sismic 10 and 12 as well as the Signature 2500(15")are true high tech marvels with heatsinks used in the vented cores!This is a first,also the whole venting/cooling system under the spyders is someting else.These woofers are very capable and if Paradigm used/optimised them for large boxes they would compete with the best woofers made.

These units have over 2" of throw,true long throw designs.And can take well over a 1KW RMS and close to 5000W peak.Nothing to me ashamed of.The 12" woofer of the Seismic 12 has a 30lbs motor structure,a real beast.And its not juts a pile of magnets,its a high tech motor capable of taking BIG power without failing!

As of now I am going to order the Seismic 10 and the 12 as well as the Signature 2500. 9.gif My pockets are scratching and money has to come out.LOL

Yes its always the year of the sub for me,and I will remain the undisputed sub human.

And as was tested by Tom Nousaine the Seismic 12 i very capable for such a small box,but if you want the whole definition of compact and DYNAMITE try a Sunfire Signature.This thig IS THE VERY DEFINITION of power in a tiny box.

Interesting comments, Ear -- I've heard that although the Seismic subs won't go as low as the Servo 15, they do produce a tighter, more accurate bass. I have to admit, w/ the prospect of getting a good trade-in deal on my 12 inch Klipsch, I might go for the Seismic 10 or 12. The Ear seems to have given his blessing on this Seismic series, and that's good enough for me.

I've heard too many positive things about the Seismics, so I'm going to give them a good demo and possibly pick one up soon (perhaps w/in the next week or two). Apparently, they are somewhat compact too (although very heavy), which suits me well in my 20ft x 20ft and 9ft ceiling entertainment room.

I'd like to see that myself, but good luck...as you see...beating the Sunfire Signature has somewhat been a challenge for everyone since it arrived on the market. Carver is a genious! Hell, when somebody comes along that does 115-120db in the 31.5hz area, 110-111db at 25hz, and then still over 100db at 20hz outta a 13" cubed sized box, then I will be damned impressed!!

ROFL, and the amp only usually uses about 350w of power, even though its rated at 2700w.

----------------

On 1/13/2004 4:18:45 PM Jabez Scratch wrote:

I've read some early reports and talked w/ some people at a/v stores (even those that don't sell Paradigm) and apparently the new Paradigm Seismic 12 subwoofer is groundbreaking and astonishing. Anyone heard anything about this one?

----------------

Groundbreaking...not really, but it's very good for it's size. Anybody know what the street price on the sub is...I know the MSRP?

Anybody can lay a fat claim about being the best,fact is Bob Carver's Sunfire Signature has the most output at 31.5Hz and below of any microsub.And the competition is composed of Velodyne and many other brands who have competent designers.

Still nobody beats the Signature at 31.5Hz and below in its size class,I doubt it can be done at a low cost.Even if SVS has a 12" woofer capable of 4" peak to peak,it will not fit in a 13" cube with the amp.And far less beat the SIngnature in output.

Its very possible to best a Sunfire Sig. but it will take serious wattage and woo***e,and if sealed even with its claimed 4" linear travel SVS will fall short down deep.You simply need a PR,and if the woofer cone travels the 4 inches,imagine the PR needed in such a cube!

Lets say with the 270W(far from 2.7KW) used Bob did much more than any me too ever did under such a compact design,and I am sure if Bob wants to improve he is capable of doing so with no trouble.

In any case if SVS has series sealed microsubs I will get them anyhow,I want to have a collection. 9.gif

Its always fun to peaople's reactions when they point my big subs and I tell them its the tiny ones that were doing the job.

• 2 weeks later...

"Groundbreaking...not really, but it's very good for it's size. Anybody know what the street price on the sub is...I know the MSRP?"

The street prices on the seismic 12" that i got were $2000 CDN from one place and $1800 CDN from another. Both prices are in Canadian so im not sure if that helps but there they are. And btw I think the sub is pretty astonishing or groundbreaking and it can hold its own very well, its hard to ask for alot more for the same price range.

Kris P.

----------------

On 1/23/2004 10:26:58 PM krisp_01 wrote:

"Groundbreaking...not really, but it's very good for it's size. Anybody know what the street price on the sub is...I know the MSRP?"

The street prices on the seismic 12" that i got were $2000 CDN from one place and $1800 CDN from another. Both prices are in Canadian so im not sure if that helps but there they are. And btw I think the sub is pretty astonishing or groundbreaking and it can hold its own very well, its hard to ask for alot more for the same price range.

Kris P.
----------------

It does hold its own very well and I don't want to take anything away from it's performance. Canadian's usually get break on the Paradigm pricing as well.

I will post when I get them both at home,not having both and posting comments would be pure speculation.

BTW cheap plug...the new Paradigm Signature site is up. 1.gif Check out the Signature speakers...GORGEOUS.And the Signature sub looks awesome.Another must have for me