RW12-Need help

jabaker

I just recieved my new RW12 today-I had been using a 100 watt Kenwood Sub that has been working w/RF35,Rb35 and RC35.It sounded decent.I have my Onkyo 701 speaker configuration as such:RF35s Mains,set to small-RB35 surrounds set to small-RC35 set to small and rear surround set to small also-Subwoofer is set to on,crossover to 80-I cannot get any sound when I turn the sub on and do a test on all my speakers.The sub main switch is on and the auto is set to on,volume is set about half-Ihaven't messed too much w/phase or crossover on back of sub-ANY SUGGESTIONS would be welcomed!

I'm unfamiliar with your Onkyo unit... but you start by seeing it the sub actually functions (and is not DOA). A couple of things I'd look at are:

- not all units have a sub test signal (mine does not) so unplug all the other speakers try it with some source material

- do you have preamp outs on the main channels? Try plugging it in there to see if it at least powers up and produces a sound.

Let us know how it goes...

Rob

I don't know if this is the same, but I received my first RW12 which was DOA. I tried every possible connection and nothing worked. Sent it back to dealer, who opened it up and found that one of the wire leads to the speaker had disconnected. Got a new one, shipping reimbursed, everything OK. Last night, added a new center, and began test tones to reset levels. Discovered the sub had no output. I flipped the auto/on switch (auto to on, then back to auto), and it came on. I'm not sure why. You may check out either of these possibilities.