Horn Happy Father's Day...

HornEd

A few days ago, my software engineering son in Texas (we communicate almost daily by high speed computer) linked up to tell me how busy he was and ask if it would be okay to play one of our legendary Scrabble games on Father's Day? Somewhat disappointed I typed back, "Sure, I don't expect to be doing much." Yesterday, there was a knock on the door... and there he was, Scrabble board in hand. And so we shall have our legendary Scrabble game, up close and personnel, in a field of Klipsch legends. It will be the first two weeks we have spent together in years... ain't life grand!

To PWK, our father whose electronic arts are our personal horn havens... may your Father's Day be as happy as you have made all of ours. cwm38.gif

And, a special happy to Fred, whose winning Klipsch ways have spread PWK's bounty to the multitudes...

cwm26.gif x cwm26.gif x cwm26.gif x cwm26.gif x cwm26.gif... and not to forget the "K-minions" BobG, PhilH & JimG whose fatherly blasts help keep our horns on straight... may your "Tractrix® of the Trade" keep everyone smiling... cwm41.gif HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 06-17-2001 at 08:32 AM

Well, while we're talking Klipsch and Fathers Day.

My dad finally moved into the 21st century and picked up a DVD player so I went over to help him hook it up to his system. As it turned out, we ended up spending the entire afternoon cleaning and fiddling around with his setup. He has a pair of KG5.5's and a KSW-300 but no surround sound yet. My nephew had taken to tossing cherios into the port on the sub so I took that apart and fished out about 50 cherio's, a wiffle ball and and spill proof cup lid (with integrated straw!).

We also played around with speaker positions and got the sub better integrated into his system. When we were finished we just sat and listened for over an hour.

This was one of the best day's I've spent with my dad in years and I think he had as much fun as I did. He's a big Klipsch fan (so I know where I got that) but doesn't really keep close tabs on the latest developments so I had fun bringing him up to speed on the latest happenings in Klipschland.

In a time where my father and I seem to have less and less to talk about, it was great to spend an afternoon doing something together that we both really enjoyed.

------------------

--Elliott--

I also spend fathers day with dad and Klispch. We watch a movie...ate and than watch another.

------------------

Sony Trinitron 27" TV

Yamaha RX-V1000

JVC HR-S3800 Super VHS VCR

Sony DVP-S530D DVD Player

Sony Tape

Sony CDP-CE345 Cd player

RF-3 Main

Monster m1.4 Biwire Cables

RC-3 Center

SS-1 Rear

I spent Father's day enjoying my new RC-3 and RS-3's. Smile.gif