Blue light to replace the lcd?

Jay481985

I always hear people with both sws and the dd 5.1 that they wished they had a blue lcd. have both and wondered. I remember how the lcd display is illuminated by way of led. Im sure i'm voiding warantee but did anyone ever open the dd 5.1? how many screws on the bottom, i see two but i bet there are more. and then replace the green led with a blue led to have a matching and cool looking blue screen. has anyone done this? i wonder also the ampsand wttage the dd 5.1 uses on the lcd but soon i will try this experiment and post soon.

----------------

On 1/15/2004 1:27:47 AM Jay481985 wrote:

I always hear people with both sws and the dd 5.1 that they wished they had a blue lcd. have both and wondered. I remember how the lcd display is illuminated by way of led. Im sure i'm voiding warantee but did anyone ever open the dd 5.1? how many screws on the bottom, i see two but i bet there are more. and then replace the green led with a blue led to have a matching and cool looking blue screen. has anyone done this? i wonder also the ampsand wttage the dd 5.1 uses on the lcd but soon i will try this experiment and post soon.

----------------

I've done that on Lian Li cases and such, but don't think I'd attempt it on my DD-5.1. I have not opened it and have no plans to.

I would think that there would probably be a daughterboard with the power switch, LCD display and Bass Management LEDs on it attached by a small ribbon cable to the main board. I'd suggest not using ultrabright blue LEDs as it would be pretty distracting. Good luck.

• 1 month later...