I need help

fzzytddybr1

----------------

On 1/15/2004 10:04:30 PM om13934 wrote:

I'd do the same as tpg, but put the RC7's at your left and right, and put the RB7's begind. The RC7's make a great 180 degree sound stream and can be mounted straight on to the wall on either side of your main seating.

----------------

Be careful there. The RC-7s are rear-ported, so mounting them directly to the wall may effect thier sound/performance.

Still, for the original poster, I pretty much agree with everyone here. If you want to go new, $8000 should be enough to score you some Reference 7s and a decent reciever, i.e., Denon, H/K, Marantz, NAD, etc.

Now, if you have the patience and are willing to take some risks and go used, you can score yourself some pretty nice Heritage series speakers, and with a room 20x30, that is pleny big enough. $8000, should get you a pair of K-horns for the front, a Lascala or Belle for center and perhaps a pair of lascala for the sides and a pair of Heresys for the rear. However, finding all these speakers and dealing with getting them shipped can be a real hassle, especially if something goes awry, but man, oh man, what a setup that would be 6.gif.

As for the wiring, get something decent, but don't go overboard with it. I personally have the mid-grade Monster cable which works plenty good enough for me, but people have other suggestions on where to get good quality, but decently priced cable and wires.

Anybody ever try a setup with all RC-7's or KLF-C7's. Front, left, center, and all surrounds the same (THX style), everything on the same Target or Lovan stand. Use a Reference 8 or 10 or 12 line level in and out for each left and right speakers in the corresponding corner for low end music in 5.1 or 7.1. Then a SVS for the .1. I have always wanted to do that with the Heresey II's. Now don't go stealing my Heresy version, but you can use the C7 versions. I just think that would look so awesome! The room would have to be dedicated to just sound, but what else really matters? I would kind of look like the new THX system Klipsch is hinting at, but using dipoles for surrounds. Maybe you should just wait and see what that line does. It looks hot!!!!