Not what I expected

DAZ

I just got the DD. I hooked it up just like everyone says,using the Radio Shack mini jack to rca cable. Here's the problem, I only get sound when watching a dvd. No other sound comes out of the computer at all. I called tech support today and stumped them. They are going to ask the engineers and get back to me. Also, I wanted to listen to dvd audio but that doesnt work either. Holy sh** have I tried all the software settings I could find. Kinda getting frustrated, it worked great before the dd box....sigh. Here's my setup. TIA, DAZ

P4 2.2 400

p4t533-c mobo

1 gig "o rambus 800 siemens

4 atlas 10k3's on adaptec 2100s raid 0

120 gig maxtor back-up drive

geforce 4 4600

audigy 2 zs, no optical, digital mini out to spdif rca in

px-708a dvdrw

px-48 24 48a cdrw

pro media 5.1

DD-5.1

antec true power 480 watt ps

xp pro, latest updates

Connected with spdif coax from the digital out on aud2. I have tried all the modes. Gotten all the updates...etc. I can now get stereo from computer and 5.1 from movies. I only got this thing so I could listen to audio dvd's and movies with dts. Neither works. It's not worth the trouble I am going through. Putting it in the closet tomorrow.7.gif

I don't see why it doesnt work with DTS, so that may be a problem. But for DVD-A, I believe it disables the digital out for copy protection reasons, and only analog outputs can be used -hence your A2's analog outputs. Connecting digitally from the A2 will only give you 2 ch sound in your games, in order to get full 5.1 surround in gaming with teh A2 u need to hook your speakers up to the analog outputs of the A2. Digital will only pass through a DD/DTS Multi channel signal.

Make sure u have everything set up correctly, both on software and hardware. And in reguards to "Not what I expected" and "It's gonna go in the closet", are u stupid? No offense, but if u heard what the DD-5.1 sounds like properly set up, u'd be amazed. It sounds clearer then the movie theater...it's just simply jaw-dropping.