KG4 speaker buzz

bigpetejones

One of my 8' woofers on one of the speakers is distorting the midrange frequencies. The other one on the speaker is just fine, do you think its the voice coil? PS its not the amp, or the cables. Also, I dont think its any connections since its never comes in and out, just a little distorted and buzzing. If it is the voice coil would I have to replace it?

Pete

It's probably the woofer.

To make sure, remove both woofers, and flip them around... see if the problem follows the driver or remains with the cabinet.

If the woofers fried, you can see if replacement units are still available from klipsch's parts department at 1-800-KLIPSCH. Their prices are pretty reasonable if you are in the US. If not, you'll have to hunt one down on Ebay... KG parts (when available) are not very expensive compared to heritage parts.

Good luck...

Rob

I had the same problem when I bought my Kg 4's - but one of the k-8-k 8" poly woofers was not working at all. Still, I really couldn't tell for sure until I switched them around.

Replacements from Klipsch are very expensive - last I heard they were $80.00 each. There were a slew of them on ebay in the past month, but they are a popular item, and sell anywhere from $30 on up. Since they are not my main speakers, I'm playing the waiting game. It's too bad that all 4 woofers would cost you about as much as the speakers sold for new!

NP - UDO - Solid