Installing a veneer to a La Scala

mbalmr

After searching for a while for a single La Scala, Thanks to my brother in law we were fortunate to have found one in AZ. I will be using it as a center channel for HT usage. It is in raw birch finish. I presently have a pair of oak-oil K-horns for the front, but was wondering if I was to put a oak-oil veneer to match my fronts if it would depreciate it in value or a good idea? I was also thinking of putting it on some Heresey II, but with a different veneer like zebrawood or burlwood. If it is a good idea maybe some helpful links on veneers.

check out the Tech Discussion board over at www.partsexpress.com as about veneering there. Thos guys are VERY helpfull, and have a TON of knowledge about veneer from all of their DIY speaker projects. Don't stay too long though or you'll get hooked on DIY speaker building like I did haha

good luck

JML

Welcome to the forum.

I honestly would not worry about the value either way. Once you get that system setup, It will look as beautiful as it sounds, & you will never sell it anyway.

I don't think I have ever seen La Scala's with a nice finish like that. If you get it done, make sure you post some pics.

Having 93 Khorns in Oiled Oak I was lucky to get a pair of La Scala's from the last production year 2000. I have a pair of Hersey II's in Oiled Oak but after time took my La Scala to a Professional Restorer. took 9 months,honest,3X my estimate,in

an Oak Veneer,looks great...does it match..NO!

Took my Hersey's in for a timber match so to speak.

Serious old british cabinet maker....35 yrs...

great guy.....

waste of time and money though, cost $500 US/pr

if you can...stain them to the best match you can find if they are raw birch......black sucks...IMO

just a thought....look at ALOT of colours....