Webmaster why take it out on all of us

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I do not understand why the complete 2 channel posting would be shut down, I am having a Klipsch get together for Klipsch lovers this Sunday, and now I cannot post. It is not fair.

----------------

On 1/23/2004 4:22:31 PM smilin wrote:

I do not understand why the complete 2 channel posting would be shut down, I am having a Klipsch get together for Klipsch lovers this Sunday, and now I cannot post. It is not fair.

----------------

I am given to understand that: "it's not fair" is the most often spoken English phrase spoken in American Jr. Hi Schools.

9.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/24/2004 10:28:39 AM DaddyDee wrote:

----------------

On 1/23/2004 4:22:31 PM smilin wrote:

----------------

I am given to understand that: "it's not fair" is the most often spoken English phrase spoken in American Jr. Hi Schools.

9.gif

----------------

Aint that the TRUTH12.gif

Maybe "it ain't fair" is a well worn phrase. OTOH, young folk are always told they have to be fair, do the right thing, conform to high morals. Then as they grow up they are perceptive enough to realize that adults in power fall far short of the standards.

But then they're in no position of power. . . and can only say "It ain't fair."

I can see the webmaster's problem. He wants to take some punitive action when a lout starts calling people idiots. He could ban the person but then, as any idi . . learned person knows they'd just sign on as a new identity.

Given the limited choices of what to do, maybe the webmaster made a decent choice. The downside is that the webmaster starts to look like a petty tyrant, albeit for good reason.

Steve M. has a decent gripe. He is using the forum as a communication channel for the noble purpose of inviting buddies to a Klipsch gathering at his home. The Klipsch company gets some benefit of such gatherings even if it is remote and tangential. So there is the law of unintended consequences working.

Gil