How Do I Run This Monophonic?

fini

The Tech Questions forum is probably a better place to ask this. Pardon me for copying-and-pasting fron the 2-channel forum:

"I have a clock radio/CD player (Sony, normally used under-cabinet in a kitchen) that I want to use with a single Klipsch IC-800 in-ceiling speaker. This will entail opening the radio and doing a bit of rewiring. How can I do this? Is there a way to use the in-radio (stereo) speakers AND the (mono) IC-800? How would I wire this, and how would I wire it simply for mono, using the IC-800? There are no jacks or binding posts for aux. speakers.

Also, it has a built-in ferrite antenna. Any ideas for wiring an auxilliary antenna (AM/FM)? I have easy access to stud bays and attic."

and

"The clock radio (
), does not have a mono switch. I would imagine I'm asking for a solution similar to how one would wire a mixed center channel? The clock radio is stereo, 2 speakers, and I would like to either just have a single mono in-ceiling speaker (no internal speakers playing) OR (if it would be possible) set it up so that the internal speakers AND a mono (mixed) in-ceiling speaker plays. I would like to know how both options might be wired.

This is all going into a remodeled bathroom (5-foot by 10-foot), and I thought two ceiling speakers would be overkill, since the major listening position (sitting in the whirlpool tub, head basically in the corner of the room) is not ideal for stereo imaging. If there were no other way around it, or if it would be better to just go ahead and use two speakers, I have them.

The antenna, it says in the manual, is a "ferrite bar antenna."

"

I got a few good responses in the 2 channel forum, but I need a few more details. Thanks.