RF 3 - RF 15/25/35

davenrk

What's the difference between these speakers??

in quality terms??? which between rf 25/35 is similar to the rf 3?

can i put them in a small room (4x4 metres) or would they sound bad???

i must take a decision in future view.....when i will have not only a room but an house....

thanks!

i have a room similar in size to yours. what i'm saying is any of those speakers will over power the room compared to what size they are. all are great choices. i myself preferr the looks of the RF-3II versus the other two. the 25 sounds a bit harsh in the midrange, the 35 is more open than the rf-3, but the RF-3 has a more crystal clearness to it. the difference is suttle. you would enjoy any of those, the rf-35 has more bass than the 25, but the rf-3 is tighter bass than all of them. price is probably a toss up, the rf-3II is discontinued, however you may be able to find leftovers from a dealer for same price as 25's. the 35 would definitely be most expensive new or used. if i were picking, i'd take the RF-3II used as best value vs. performance.

In pure looks the The RF-35 is better..with the magnet grills. Sadly those plastic feet are still around !

I own an RF-3 and when i recently auditioned a RF-35 could not find too much of a difference in the lower freq. (It was a Broken in Pair), although the high frequencies appeared a bit better..I could not put a finger on the exact difference. But since the Audiotion room was heavily carpeted it may be due to that..

If price is a Factor, then you will get the best deal on an RF3.. if available

can you tell me please the prices of rf 15/25/35 rf3 rf 3II in United States and what should cost a pair of rf 3 (non II) , 2 years old, well used i think?

here in italy:

rf 15 = 700 euro

rf 25 = 900 euro

rf 35 = 1300 euro

rf 3 = 1090??

rf 3 II = 1090!

rf 3 used 2 years old what should cost they for good price? less than 700 euro??

thanks a lot!