speaker suggestions anyone

wheelman

Hi, i am thinking of selling my klipsch sf-2 and going with a bookshelf speaker for better imaging cleaner midrange. It just seems to sound better in my room this type of set up. I have a mirage ms 12 subwoofer. The canidates are first the klipsch rb-25. Then their the paradigm mini monitor, and mayby the b&w 303 or the paradigm studio 20 used. I like the speaker to have good dynamics but not to be to big in size. Plus i could take the extra money and put it towards a better amp. Which seems to me to be just as important as the speaker itself. I currently am using an onkyo receiver 501 for music and movies. I would like to get a used arcam or rotel receiver later. Mayby a denon with preouts and ad a better amp. I am more into stereo but love hometheater as well. But i have the radio on twenty four seven. Thanks for any help in advance. By the way i don't want to spend more than 400 mayby 500. Thanks again

Thanks guys i will look into it. I never heard paradigm and curious what they sound like. I know i want klipsch, but the thought of not hearing a speaker with pretty good reviews drives me nutz. But anyhow i probally will try and get a ride and to hear the paradigm. The klipsch's will probally be the only speaker i will be able to live with after havig mine for so long. Hears a question if i get the klipsch bookshelf and a used denon ht receiver with preouts could i use a tube amp to run the mains? Or would the preamp section stink in the denon? I just purchased a denon 1801 on ebay just for the preouts. What if i had the paradigm mini monitor which i think are rated at 90 sensitivity. Would they work with tube amplification? I know how well tubes sound with my guitar setup. I have a mesa boogie dc-5, and it drips with tone and has awesome bottom end for a fifty watt amp. I use greenbacks for speakers to get my bluesy tube and speaker break up sound. The only way to go! I couldn't imagine the bliss of a tube stereo setup. Lucky, lucky people. I could always just listen to regular tv with just the center and when i wanted critical ht and music turn the tube amp on. Don't ever turn a tube amp on without speakers connected to it. Not good it doesn't bother solid state though. But i am sure you all new that.