Who runs a 6.1 or a 7.1 setup??

TIbor

JM,

" - Even with a 5.1 disk, with the right processor you still can get an awesome 7.1.  I love my Lexicon logic 7 how it works is a mystery to me, but I swear you would think your listening to a discrete 7.1 mix instead of a 5.1."

That is for sure, that is the mode I use all the time as well.

Shawn

I was running a 7.1 setup then I decided to go to a 6.1 and use 2 pair of side surrounds(2 on ea. side) and then just 1 rear center. I like this setup even beter then running 2 rear surrounds.I did this to add more depth for DVD Audio. Besides, the rear channel is mono whether it be DTD ES, DTS Matrix or DD EX and not stereo. One day when I'm rich and famous and have a 50x20 HT then I will go back to more then 1 rear center, then again maybe I won't be able to wait and just buy more, WTH I'll just buy more. 2.gif

My studio apt. extends about 9-10ft. back behind my listening position, so there's actually more space behind me than in front (mains about 7ft, away from listening position). Thus, the two extra rear surrounds help fill some of the space in rather nicely in 7.1, since my RS-25's surrounds are mounted on the walls to the side. I have an old pair of Polk M3's hooked up to an AudioSource Amp 2 for the rears, and just leave them on for DD EX matrix or DTS ES matrix when listening to 5.1. If my seating position was up against a wall, I doubt I'd need the extra surrounds....maybe just one dipole for 6.1.

----------------

On 1/27/2004 11:46:57 AM TIbor wrote:

I am more than happy with my 5.1 setup,but I cant say I have heard anything more than that(thank god). I am alreadly prewired for 6.1(that is adding a rear center right?...) for the future. I am curious how many people have already jumped in to the other standards. I dont think that many dvds take advantage of the other formats yet?... I probably in the not too distant future add a rear center, but to also add two more rear channels is a lot of speakers for one room, how soon before 9.1???

Thanks

----------------

there is a 9.1 yamaha system