Matching sf1 with rf3ii's??

twhite

I have an chance to purchase 2 sf1 at a good price ($60 each with warranty). How would these matchup with my rf3ii's. I know the db rating is different. sf1 in the rear and the rf3ii as the mains. The center and sub has yet to be found?

By the way, if you live in atlanta turn the radio on channel 91.9 for vocal jazz/blues all night. Some great stuff coming out of the klipsch night!

Troy

the best way to answer this is to go to your local audio store and audition both, i have and i can say this will make a poor ht, the timbre will not be there, which means transient sounds will jump back and forth, and sound level will change, if you enjoy seamless theatre you wont like the sf-rf combo12.gif

I agree. I think they won't have the match you are looking for. You would probably get better results with a cheaper reference bookshelf than a synergy floorstander. Maybe you can use those synergy's for another 2 channel system in another room? I wouldn't recommend using them for surround duty though...

Or just keep saving so you can find the perfect match...

----------------

On 1/28/2004 7:10:52 AM marksdad wrote:

the best way to answer this is to go to your local audio store and audition both, i have and i can say this will make a poor ht, the timbre will not be there, which means transient sounds will jump back and forth, and sound level will change, if you enjoy seamless theatre you wont like the sf-rf combo
12.gif

----------------

Thank you for the input. I was a bit concern about it also, but was hoping others have done this with success.

Troy