Matching Ref 3II and 35 series?

ccsakura

In my opinion, it's best to stick with the same series. I used to have RF-3II's but Goodguys gave me a trade-in policy where I could bring them in within 3 years for a newer model and just pay the difference in price. But before I bought the RF-35's, I listened to them side-by-side in their demo room. Similar, but the RF-35's have a wider presence. They're a better speaker. So if possible (I know it's hard to find RF-3II stuff now), stick to the same series.

----------------

On 1/28/2004 2:34:23 PM easylistener wrote:

They do sound differnt. I like the RF3II's better. It will not be drastic if you are running differnt rears or sides. I would try and stay the same in the fronts though. Do a search for RC3 and RC35 and see what all the people have been saying. Most of them agree that the rc3 sounded better in some areas.

----------------

yea that's why i got RC3II 9.gif

However I can heardly find RF-3II around 14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

----------------

On 2/14/2004 12:03:19 AM J.4knee wrote:

Look on e-bay they are available there a lot or if you have a Good Guys around you might still be able to get the RC 3 II's there. Hope this helps
1.gif

----------------

Lol I kept my eye on ebay everyday......... they sell really expensive tho(I've seen more expensive than RF35........ ).

Living in Long Island that sticks to east coast, got no chance for good guys 14.gif

----------------

On 2/14/2004 9:43:18 AM Bill H. wrote:

cc,

Have you tried 6th Ave Electronics? they have some for 799 a pair.

----------------

Thanks for info. I've looked into that before; however they have them in store only 14.gif (the online one was jsut for display)

----------------

On 2/14/2004 9:32:53 AM batibot wrote:

try www.audiogon.com sometimes there's a lot of RF3II there
9.gif

----------------

Thanks for that 9.gif

I'm my eyes on that too, people mostly sell Heritage series there(not for me atm lol, not certain in the future 11.gif )