For future ref: Can Promedia be hooked up to....

I was wondering if I can use a Promedia system with an integrated amp or reciever. Would using the appropriate connections be the only thing holding one back? Or are there other considerations to be accounted for other than popping an adapter on the 1/8' male jack the goes to the head control unit of the Promedia. My brother has the 4.1, not me, so I am working from memory here.

I guess I'm asking if a pre or TAPE out of an amp would be okay to use as a source.

found this:

"Hold on just a second. Running the "speaker out" from your receiver into the ProMedia (any input) is NOT cool. Whether into the connector from the sound card to the ProMedia or into the auxillary input on the ProMedia (it has an extra 6 dB of gain) you are sending an amplified signal into the amplifier of the ProMedia. This will cause lots of input overload distortion.

The signal to the ProMedia must be a low level (unamplified) signal. Run your CD player Directly into the ProMedia headphone input. You can get a cable at Radio Shack or any place that sells audio cables to connect the Left and Right RCA type connector into the stereo mini-plug input on the side of the control pod. If your receiver has something called "preamp output" you can use that signal to drive the ProMedia system and leave the CD player or any other source connected to the receiver. Then the input selector and the volume and tone controls on the receiver will control the signal being sent to the ProMedia."

Thanks

DC

Hey Cilantro, NO you CAN NOT hook up the Klipsches to where you would plug in Speakers on an amp. This is because Speakers take a whole lot of power to make sound, and if you plug that much power into the "signal" wire in the Klipsch they WILL blow up. This is because the Klipsch internal amp will try to Amplify the speaker POWER coming out of your bro's amp, instead of amping a sound SIGNAL. In other words, "Speaker Power * Speaker Power = BOOM" 14.gif

If you want to plug the Klipsches into your bro's amp you gotta plug them into the "Headphones" port, which is probably on the front. If you want to uses both the front and year channels all you have to do is get a 1/8" Y adapater (make sure it's Stereo). If the "Headphone Out" plug hole on yoru reciever is big, then you need a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter..

Hope that helps man!