speakers messing up CRT

• 2 weeks later...

You sure it is the Pros? Is teh screen jerking back and forth or is it distorting? If it is back and forth, might be somethign with your house's power. I have this problem when I am at home - college dorm the monitor was fine. My brothers monitor in the basement is like this too and he has AL's. When you get this movement, try pluggin in a vaccuum and turning it on - in my house, it make the screen move more cause of the electrical interference.

Try different resolutions and/or refresh rates - I have found that some are perfectly fine while others have movement - some video drivers are worse than other also.

Hope this helps and good luck.

------------------

1GHz TBird

Abit KT7A-RAID

Kingmax 256MB PC150 256MB PC133 Infinion

Annihilator2 32MB GT§

Intel Pro100+Management NIC

Promise Ultra100

IBM 75GXP 45GB ATA100 Maxtor DMP6800 27.2GB ATA66

Plextor 16X10X40A §ony 12X DVD

§BLive! 5.1

AOpen HX08 Full Tower 300W

§ony CPD-G400 19" Triny

ProMedia 4.1

There's a couple of things that could be at play.

The sound may be vibrating the shadow mask (the screen

inside the computer). This would not lead to any permanent damage, it's most likely a mechanical coupling. To fix it, you will probably want to isolate the speakers (e.g., with the rubber pads if you haven't already put them on) or reposition the speakers if necessary. If the subwoofer is on a shelf on your computer desk, it should be placed on the floor, instead, if possible.

I've seen some cases where the current draw of the speakers was high enough to cause the monitor power to flicker. This can be the case when a lower rated power strip is running all the computer peripherals. The speakers along with the computer, monitor, and whatever else can top out at 1000 Watts or more.

-djf