DVD player suggestions

Tenhet

I want to add a DVD player to my HT system. Any suggestions?? My local high-end dealer has a Marantz (forgot the ###) on "close-out" for $525 originally $799. That's a little more than I want to invest. Also, not wanting a multi-disk changer. I've just upgraded to Marantz receiver and has kinda got me fired up on total upgrade. (new center channel speaker, adding DVD, sub, and new TV). I've had my current system for 10 years and its time for an update.

Again, thanks for yall's input on the center channel match for my Quartets.

Scott

------------------

Front - Quartets (Walnut oil)

Center - KG1.2v (Walnut oil)

Rear - Optimus (haha)

Receiver - Marantz SR-680 (upgraded from Denon AVR-810)

CD - Denon DCM-320

Tape - Denon DRW-850 (soon to be back in the box)

MD - Sony MDS-JE330

DVD - coming soon

Sharp 27"

This message has been edited by Tenhet on 06-22-2001 at 01:21 PM

Get a Panasonic. They are made in Japan, not China. They build their own MPEG decoder which does not have the dreaded chroma upsampling bug like most all the rest such as Sony, Pioneer, Toshiba, etc. All the Sony's except for the older 7000 model have the chroma bug, even the SACD capable 9000. If you don't want progressive scan, see if you can get the discontinued RV-80U (54 Mhz processor)for around $275. If you want progressive scan go with the new RP-91 for less than $500. You will not be disappointed in the video/audio quality of these two machines.

drobo