Upgrading from my KLF 30s. The next step....

johnymac

I just upgraded my power amp. Having some problems there, so moved my KLF 30's into my den. Had a set of Forte II's previously in front channel, now rear channels. In any case, what a system I have. I watched the Matrix reloaded last night and the room shock, I think the whole house shock. I have been on a spending spree and recently bought a new HT receiver, but I didn't know what I had in the house. Needless to say. I am thinking these speakers are staying in the den.

My question. I have enjoyed my KLF 30's for 6 years now. I have a tube preamp Audio Research SP9 MKII with some great tubes in it. I just had $2000.00 worth of upgrade done to my power amp. I have more than enough power these days. I also have a tube cd player.

I must add that I like often listen to near concert level volumes. I just can't help it, if it sounds good....

Enough of that. My question is if I look to upgrade from the KLF30s, I would like a similar speaker. Something as efficient, but with a bit more bass if possible?

All suggestions sure be appreciated and "thanks" to all that reply in advance.

i was very happy w/my klf-30's bass.

with the addition of my RSW-15, and a VERY flexable bass management system in my receiver,my ht system sounds AWESOME!

keep the klf-30's and add a serious sub-it HAS to be a really good/great sub in order to 'keep up' w/the 30's.

avman.

I guess I should explain my question better.

I love the KLF 30s! I have moved from my 2 channel system to my HT system. I am amazed how great they sound there. I have no need for a sub in my HT. With the 30s in the front and Forte IIs for surrounds. The room shakes. It is truly beautiful.

I now need to replace the 30s in my 2 channel system.

My question is what would you recommend as an upgrade to the KLF 30s there. I have never horn any of the other speakers in the Heritage line. So I have no clue. With the exception I like it to be a pair of Klispch.

I listen to rock. Usually louder than I should. I have a SS amp. tube preamp and tube cd player. I have more WPC than necessary. I also use an inefficient pair of 4 ohm speakers occasionally if I listen to the real mellow stuff.

Any replies sure be appreciated!!

I am in a similar situation. I own KLF 20s and have used them in my home theater for 2 years and love the sound. I decided to do a 2 channel and HT systems. So the 20s are going to the bedroom and I am getting new La Scalas.

How big is your room and how much can you spend on speakers?

Large room big budget-Khorns.

Big or midsize room medium budget-La Scalas or

Belles.

"listen to rock. Usually louder than I should"

My best friend used to dj with La Scalas and they are excellent for rock music!!

Ebay almost always has all three speakers for sell. Right now there are around 5 different pairs of La Scalas.

Do a search on Klipsch. Good luck and be paitient and you will find something!

Xman