center and surround matches for heresys

rklein

If you can get another pair of Heresys for your rear surrounds that would be kick'en.

As for the Center. I have seen the KLF-C7 work well with the Heresys before. But there might be a better match out there, that I'm not aware of.

Yes.

Another Heresy. A single Heresy for the Center.

Maby i'm wrong, but a Heresy works better with a Heresy, than a KLF-C7.

Check around the forums, people are often giving heads up for Ebay sales, and selling theyer stuff.

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

ChrisRobinson is selling a single Heresy right now, he is a member of this BB and is located in Mass.

The Acadamy center channel would be your second choice, and then the KLF-C7, KV3 or KV4, and RC3 or RC7.

Rear surrounds are up to you, size is a big concern with rear surrounds. You could go with a pair of KG1's or .5's, or 1.2's, or 1.5s if you wanted a smallish bookshelf speaker. Or you could go with the RS-3's or RS-7's if you wanted a true surround type speaker. Or really any Klipsch speaker that you have room for like another pair of Heresy or whatever you can get your hands on.

Good Luck

------------------

Home Theater System:

Klipsch Quartets - mains for both systems

Klipsch KV3 - center

Klipsch KG.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-1601

JVC 36D201 36" TV

JVC HR-S3600 SVHS Player

JVC XV-M565BK DVD Player

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 Digital Cable box

Music System:

Adcom GFA-555 Musical Concepts Modified

NAD 1600 Pre/Tuner

Sony C-67ES CD Player

Playstation 2

Monster Power HTS-2000

MIT Speaker Cable

RS Gold Interconnects

Monster S-Video and Component Cables

Ya, Chris has a Heresy on sale.

He offered it to me, I want it, but my wallet says no.

------------------

Living Room:

Yamaha Natural Sound A-500 Stereo Amplifier

2 Klipsch Heresys on A switch

2 Fisher STV-873 on B switch

My Room:

Klipsch Pro Medias

2 Fisher Surrounds

I'm using an RC-3 with my Heresy II's and most of the time it sounds really good. The only instances where I really notice the timbre difference is when dialog is panned across the front soundstage. For example, in X-men towards the end of the scene in the senate where senater kelly is talking. During his speech, the sounds pans from the LF to the Center and back to the left front. It is painfully obvious how different the RC-3 is from the Heresy II. The Heresy sounds crisper/cleaner.

Most of the time, however, I couldn't tell the difference if I tried and even when I can, it really doesn't bother me too much. I recently picked up another pair of Heresy's (temporary insanity) for the surrounds and while it is pretty nice having an exact timbre match back there, I'm not too thrilled with the size of the speakers. I'm considering selling them and replacing them with RS-3's and maybe even putting some RF-3's up front. I could then move my beloved Heresy's off into a different room for a 2-channel system.

I think BobG recommended a KLF-C7 as a good match. I just didn't have the space for a center channel speaker of that size in my setup so I made a compromise.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with the RC-3 and if I hadn't gone crazy and bought this second pair of Heresy's, I'd be hanging a pair of RS-3's on the wall and not regretting it.

------------------

--Elliott--