Two RC-7s as center speakers?

Vital

Can this be done or is it overkill? I can fit two side by side on top of my 65" and am wondering if I would get more out of it. I don't have room for a RF-7 so two RC-7s is the next best thing as long as my receiver can push it.

Next question is if I decide to do this what is the best way of hooking it up? Can I hook one up with a banana plug and the other with bare wire or the little horseshoe looking connector or is there another way? Thanks in advance. I'm just looking for the best option available with my limited space.

Never heard of doing that - how big is your room? I have one RC-7 and it's plenty (for a large room). If you wire both to one center channel on the receiver, make sure the receiver can handle to Ohms. I believe 2 8 ohm speakers from one terminal in the receiver equates to a 4 ohms load.

Vital

The person I sold my subs to has a set up of 2 centers.

If I recall correctly he splits the preout and send it through an stereo amp.

He has stated the center channel is more focused and sounds as if it coming straight out of the screen vice from below or up high.

Since I have an RC3 sitting here maybe Iwill try this.

Scott