Close-up pics of RF7 binding posts?

mamacmil

Here are couple more close-ups of the rear of the speakers. For completeness sakes, here is a closeup of the rear of an RF-5. As for the RB-75, I don't have any thus, no picture of the binding posts. However, according to the product description of the RB-75, it does indicate there are two sets of binding posts, thus it is bi-wirable.

rf7-rear.JPG

Here is more close-up shot of the binding posts of an RF-7. Identical to that on the rear of the RC-7 that 'TheEAR' has already posted.

rf5-rear.JPG

This is the rear of an RF-5. As you can see, it is identical to that of the RF-7 and RC-7.

EAR and skonopa-thanks for the pics. I noticed that in theEAR's pictures of the RC7 and RF7, there are not "plugs" in the top of the binding posts that you would used for banana plugs. In one of the pictures that skonopa posted, there are. EAR-did you remove yours , or did they come that way. I have a set of 7s arriving in a few weeks, and I had planned on getting banana plugs for my wires, but I'm concerned about removing those plugs/caps...whatever they are.

Picky,

Thanks,yes I am the subhuman of the forums here.And what you see is only a small fraction of the subsonic might I own 9.gif The subs stacked are the RSW10,RSW12 and finally the RSW15.They can punch,and I mean PUNCH.For deep bass in this 10 x 14 room I also use the Sunfire Signature,Sunfire Mark II and Sunfire Junior.And as rear chair shakers the PolkAudio RSW505 and PolkAudio PSW404. 1.gif

Lets say my setup can play without any audible compression or stress past 120dB at listening position.Any movie,any music CD at any volume with no problems.

mamacmil,

I removed mine,I used some lesser Cardas cables before terminated with banana plugs,now I use only spades on larger speakers.

You guys have awesome, and I use that word correctly, systems! My wife now thinks that I'm some what sane with just the one velodyne SPL1200, she'd freak if I had two! I'd love another one of course, but doubt I'd go for more than two. My room is about 20 by 15 and with the RF7s and that sub, I'm pretty happy, not insanely happy, moderately happy...12.gif

And yes those little caps do pop off you made need a small bladed knife to pry them carefully off but they just press in.

G2

and DeviceManager, I'm a big fan of Brisco County Junior, if only they'd bring that to dvd, I've not seen the Evil Dead movies yet, how much gore verses comedy are in there?

G2

Thanks for the pictures and comments. (and, EAR, I've got to agree that you are a little nuts with all those subs...though I wouldn't mind experiencing the madness if I was ever in your neck of the woods!!!2.gif )

So, my question is, what does Klipsch put those plugs there for in the first place, if you have to pry them out to use banana plugs? Seems strange.

Ear:

I'll bet the electric company loves you every month!!! 9.gif I am quite impressed. We just have the one RSW-15 in our 10.5 x 19 room and for us it seems to work fine. But, I would not attempt to compare it to yours (apples to oranges). Thanks for sharing your photos with all of us.

mamacmil:

Yeah, me too! Why plug 'em if you must remove the inserts to use bananas? Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my RF-7s and the rest. But there are three areas I find fault with that I think they cheapened on: The binding posts, the feet and the grills. I am occasionally breaking off the small, plastic posts that insert into the holes in the face of the speaker. I have done plastics design for the auto industry (I know we're far from perfect, too) and I know this is not a very robust design. I own last year's models. I think they went to magnetic fasteners in the newer models, didn't they? If so, it was probably a good move. The grill on one RF-7 and my RSW-15 sub each have one broken post. "Where's my glue gun????" As for the feet, I removed the threaded stud-type feet with the rubber buttons on the end and installed something from Lowe's that is self-stick and will not scratch our hard floor. The rubber buttons "self-destructed" in a year leaving bare, steel studs. Not very "floor-freindly".

-Picky 2.gif