B&K Ref50/200.7 and SACD and DVD-A

pcmccall

The B&K Reference 50 does NOT digitally decode DVD-A or SACD. You must use an external universal player that does bass management and delay times. The external universal player is input through multi-channel inputs that are directed to the amps through the volume control.

The Pioneer VSX-59TXi and its predecessor, the 49TXi, can decode both DVD-A and SACD via i.link (Firewire with the A&M protocol). The Yamaha RX-Z9 also has i.link. Pioneer offers the DV-47Ai and the DV-59AVi universal players that both have i.link outputs.

If you are into muti-channel music, you want an i.link equiped machine. Integra is coming out with a processor that is configurable like a computer which is all a modern processor is. On the Integra, you order the options that you want which can include i.link. It is too new for any information as to how good or bad it is.

Bill

Thanks for you feed back about the Ref 50. I was thinking of purchasing a Ref 50 and a Ref 200.7 for a HT but I want to also enjoy SACD's and DVD-A's.

What would be the best solution? A Denon 5803 reciever and a Ref 200.7 amp?? I like the Denon Reciever b/c of the two sets of surround channels "a" and "b". I was thinking of dipoles on channel "a" and direct radiating on channel "b" for SACD's and DVD-A. I am going to buy the flagship Pioneer or Denon DVD players that process the SACD's and DVD-A's reguardless. Any thoughts?

----------------

On 2/9/2004 10:07:54 AM Frzninvt wrote:

Buying a Denon AVR-5803 to run with the B&K 200.7 would be a waste. The B&K Ref 50 supplies 7 outputs plus a subwoofer output. It also has 7.1 inputs as well that you would connect your SACD or DVD-A player too.

----------------

So the ref 50 will connect to a sacd player via th 7.1 inputs mentioned above. Will the ref 50 output the signal to the 200.7 amp in sacd format for listening?

----------------

On 2/9/2004 10:07:54 AM Frzninvt wrote:

Buying a Denon AVR-5803 to run with the B&K 200.7 would be a waste. The B&K Ref 50 supplies 7 outputs plus a subwoofer output. It also has 7.1 inputs as well that you would connect your SACD or DVD-A player too.

----------------

So the ref 50 will connect to a sacd player via th 7.1 inputs mentioned above. Will the ref 50 output the signal to the 200.7 amp in sacd format for listening?