Opinions on the NOS 7591's vs. EH 7591's

Klipsch RF7

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a quad set of NOS 7591's to compare to the EH 7591's i have in my Scott amp as of the moment. For those who have heard both, what is your take on them. I have been doing alot of research and some say there is virtually no diffrence while others say that the NOS sound better than the Electro Harmonix 7591's.

Please give me your opinions and if anyone has a quad set to sell, ill surely buy them.

Thanks

Alright,

I appreciate everyones help, I procured a quad set of NOS 7591A's from a good source. They are 4 closely matched 7591A tubes made by Sylvania. Two are Sylvania (one label is off), one is RCA labeled and one is GE, but all are Sylvania factory produced. These are the coin base octals from the early 1970s, and all measure right near 100 percent Gm (10,000 micromhos typical) plus or minus 4 percent. I bought the quad set at $200.00 USD plus shipping from www.audiotubes.com

1.gif

Ryan,

What is the difference between a 7591 and a7591a? I have been using a new quad of EH7591s in my MC225. I just bought another MC225 so I can run them as 50w mono blocks, My new MC225 has original RCA 7531as in it and it sounds awesome. The midrange and the overall presence compared to the EHs is dramatic. I am not going to monoblocks until I match the tubes. Is the coin base the only difference?

Thanks Ryan

josh