looking for an HT sub

A lil more background info, this is for a very large room (40x20). I dont like cylinder subs as I feel they dont match any speakers (speakers are square, lol) I would consider the RSW-15 but I think I could get something better for the money.

I think sunfire's are great, but I really want a sub to make a visual impression as well as an audio impression. My 5.1 ultra is bigger then a sunfire. Yes I know its 100 times better, but still, I would rather have a V10 then a turbo charged V4 if you know what I mean. Even tho the V4 is a lot more efficient.

ROFL, The Sunfire Signature will give you a visual impression. The moment people see 117-120db's of sheer bass at 31.5 hz or 103-106db at 20hz coming from such a small *** subwoofer....peoples mouths will drop. There is nothing cute about the driver/magnet structure on the Sunfire Signature...its means friggin business. That little *** driver can move so much farkin air. somebody tested the subwoofer to have slam weight at 70-80lbs. It has more dynamic internal power then most subwoofers on the market period. So Tape that sucker down. That is nuts!

But yeah, the Pb2 will get it down low and dig a bit deeper...but it will cost more. The TV-12 Drivers are nice *** drivers, and there are two of em. Either way you can't go wrong. :)

Your best bet would be to go with the SVS though.

You want power at a very down to earth price

here are the top choices

SVS PB2-Plus at $1199 is a deal nobody beats unless you play with chainsaws and glue and go the DIY route.

HSU VTF3 or the less expensive STF3 you get a pair and are set

Paradigm PW2200 again two of these pound out a storm

Forget the SVS PB2-Ultra if you do not have the $2500,as even at $2500 its a bargain,if SVS had a dealer here in Montreal I would have purchased a pair of PB2-Ultra subs some time ago.

$2500 is bargain basement in the world of super subs,mid priced goes up to $5000(Aerial)and high priced super subs start with the Wilson Watch DOG.

Come on at least get a PB2-Plus,very close in output and dirt cheap

And FYI a Sunfitre Sig may be small,only its size is.As the output is way up there with the best of'em.