Klipschorns and Heresy matching center?

Davewsc

HELP!

Are there any mods to closer match the timbre or sound of the Klipshorns and the heresys? The heresy gives out a little smaller sound obviously. Just wondering if there is any mods that can be done to either the heresys or the klipschorns to narrow the gap. Right now they are both stock; the klipschorns have not been touched since I bought them in 1976. Any opinions would be appreciated. I did not check the history for any previous discussions on this topic, but I'm sure it has been brought up before.

I really can't talk well to mods that may help, but that mid horn of a heresy is a definite diference in sound that I tend to describe as 'fullness'. Since you would not be expecting a match in bass depth, you may want to consider a larger, longer lens for the mid range.

Just a thought - others will surely recommend a Belle or LaScala as abetter option.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 2/11/2004 6:24:56 PM Davewsc wrote:

HELP!

Are there any mods to closer match the timbre or sound of the Klipshorns and the heresys? The heresy gives out a little smaller sound obviously. Just wondering if there is any mods that can be done to either the heresys or the klipschorns to narrow the gap. Right now they are both stock; the klipschorns have not been touched since I bought them in 1976. Any opinions would be appreciated. I did not check the history for any previous discussions on this topic, but I'm sure it has been brought up before.

----------------

Dave, try to reach out for John"JMalotky" a neighbor of yours just outside milwaukee, he has a very similar setup.

Smilin12.gif

Actually a Hersey I not II (sorry I am biased...but at least I can say it from my own experience) Does quite well as a center. Sure it needs some help db wise... Turn it up some more... and you WILL def need a sub for HT too. For those with little space, it is a HUGE step in the right direction. Especially keeping it all Heritage.

If you do have more space than usual underneath, do not overlook the Cornwall II (older version verticle placed on its side Horizontal.) Many on this board, myself included, really feel this is a incredible major home run Center channel.

FREQUENCY RESPONSE:

38Hz-20kHz±5dB

SENSITIVITY:

98.5dB @ 1watt/1meter

POWER HANDLING:

105 watts maximum continuous (1000 watts peak)

NOMINAL IMPEDANCE:

8 ohms

ENCLOSURE TYPE:

Bass reflex via front-mounted port

DRIVE COMPONENTS:

Three-way system using one 1" phenolic diaphragm compression driver tweeter with a 90°x40° Exponential horn, one 2" (5.08cm) phenolic diaphragm compression driver midrange with a 90°x40° Exponential horn and one 15" (38.1cm) fiber-composite cone woofer

And all the incredible dynamics, again of the heritage line, and lows almost as jaw thumping as the K horn. (La Scalas and Belles do not go this low.)

Hope this helps...