RW12 connection to receiver

Jeff G

How do I connect my RW12 sub to a receiver that doesn't have built-in sub crossover controls?

Before I read the receiver manual I was told to connect where I have a sub cable from receiver sub-out jack to sub LFE jack plus speaker cable from receiver front speaker jacks to sub terminals.

After reading the receiver manual and not seeing any sub cross controls should I not be using the sub cable to the LFE?

if your receiver as a sub pre out you can use it to connect your sub woofer,i think the crossover frequency you have set on the sub will act both on speakers inputs of the sub and the lfe in.

the fact that the recever hasn t a crossover setup is not very bad:

you can setup very sharply your crossover frequency with your sub.

with my receiver only frequancies under 90Hz are given to the sub if we don t listen to a DTS or DD sound track.

with your receiver you won t have a such problem.

in fact your lucky!2.gif

if you don t use the lfe pre out of your receiver you should set up your receiver as if you haven t a subwoofer.if you says to your receiver i ve a subi will give all the bass informations to the sub pre out and there is nothing plugged on so...no bass signal.

and set your front speakers as large speakers if you don t do this you will have no bass at all.

in a nutshell:

-set your main speakers as large speakers

-use the speakers input of your sub and connect it to the main speakers out of the receiver.

-set your receiver in order to tell it you have no sub.

-and eventually don t forget to set the crossover on your sub in order to make it match with your front speakers abilities...

tell me if it works well please...

2.gif2.gif2.gif2.gif2.gif2.gif

Jeff, what reciever are you using? some recievers have internal

cross-overs (not adjustable). Your owners manual should state the

frequency that the sub output is. If not then connect it to the

RW left and right input. Then you will bot bypass the subs

cross-over.