Can assist with my question on input voltage difference for this Klipsch 4.1

mongoose

Since most US stores are selling only the rated 110v input voltage Klipsch, I wondered if I can simply buy any of those universal transforer that has support for input voltage from 100v to 230v to be connected to these Klipsch 4.1 without facing any potential overload or damage the speakers unit?

My country of residence is using default 230v, which is why, I have no choice of selecting a default 230v from those online stores, which currently has such refurbish sets at rather attractive price, therefore, I wish that someone can kindly assist and advise me what should I do? so that I can enjoy my dream of owning one of these Klipsch PM 4.1. Thank you in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

The local agent for Klipsch is Tat Chuan Audio at Adelphi, opposite Funan Center. But I would discourage you from getting the 4.1's. Have a bad experience with them. Overheating problems in the amp. I do not know if the 5.1's or the Ultras are in yet. They might be better choices if the heat problem has been solved. Think the 4.1's were discontinued here.

Fact, Klipsch has the best sounding PC speakers I've heard, but they got to be working first. Will be going down to the service center. Will find out for you what they have.

i live in france and i had some promedia s speakers in 230V it s hard to find but its the best choice.

don t use a voltage adaptator.a firend used one with 2 promedia 2.1 and his promedia s make a kind of hissing sound.

and your promedia won t have any waranty if you don t buy the version which matches your contry

----------------

On 3/8/2004 12:29:20 AM Roboto wrote:

The local agent for Klipsch is Tat Chuan Audio at Adelphi, opposite Funan Center. But I would discourage you from getting the 4.1's. Have a bad experience with them. Overheating problems in the amp. I do not know if the 5.1's or the Ultras are in yet. They might be better choices if the heat problem has been solved. Think the 4.1's were discontinued here.

Fact, Klipsch has the best sounding PC speakers I've heard, but they got to be working first. Will be going down to the service center. Will find out for you what they have.

----------------

The ONLY promedia Tat Chuan have now is the GMX2.1. Don't ever think of getting a 4.1. The 4.1 can no longer be found, it had be discontinued and extinct from stores. The 5.1THX was here long ago, but had also been discontinued. My friend bought it since last year. The 230V Ultra is not even out yet, how can it reach sg? What do u mean by overheating problems in the amp? The amp is bound to be warm during operation, there's nothing wrong with it.

----------------

On 2/12/2004 12:53:27 PM mongoose wrote:

Since most US stores are selling only the rated 110v input voltage Klipsch, I wondered if I can simply buy any of those universal transforer that has support for input voltage from 100v to 230v to be connected to these Klipsch 4.1 without facing any potential overload or damage the speakers unit?

My country of residence is using default 230v, which is why, I have no choice of selecting a default 230v from those online stores, which currently has such refurbish sets at rather attractive price, therefore, I wish that someone can kindly assist and advise me what should I do? so that I can enjoy my dream of owning one of these Klipsch PM 4.1. Thank you in advance.

----------------

It's not wise for u to buy a 110V promedia and use it in sg. The local agent is not going to take any respondsible for the break down of your system. The 230V PM4.1 is already extinct. I find that klipsch is not bothering about their international customers; no SWS, no ultra, no DD-5.1. Wait for the ultra dude...hope it'll be here..

i m not waiting anymore, i first have 2 promedia 2.1 then a promedia 5.1 and now i ve no probleme with voltage anymore:

i bought a full synergy serie home theatre(it s only speakers so no voltage problems) and i can buy any amp or receiver i want at some step from my home.(it s easier to find some yamaha,sony,nad,... in the right voltage than klipsch promedia at the right voltage)

and it sounds better than my promedia...2.gif

unfortunatly i don t totally enjoy my setup because of my ht room.i only have a small room for the moment,last but not least my neighbourg aren t very happy when i turn up the volume because wall are very thin.so i wish will change of flat arround july.

and my 19" pc screen broke few weeks ago,i should buy a tv screen in some weeks.

i can still enjoy music at week volume.klipsch speakers are perfect in mid and high volume but they are also very good at low volumes.

doudou,

It took me a couple years to get a new computer, Sony Flat Screen CRT 17', Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 and Klipsch SWS.

Last piece of equipment I want to get is a Canon Multifunction Printer MP730. Should have it sometime this year.

That should be about it for my computer room. No neighbors real close to my house so I can turn the volume up as load as I want.

Good luck upgrading your equipment.1.gif

----------------

On 3/8/2004 8:38:38 AM jackson_ngo wrote:

The ONLY promedia Tat Chuan have now is the GMX2.1. Don't ever think of getting a 4.1. The 4.1 can no longer be found, it had be discontinued and extinct from stores. The 5.1THX was here long ago, but had also been discontinued. My friend bought it since last year. The 230V Ultra is not even out yet, how can it reach sg? What do u mean by overheating problems in the amp? The amp is bound to be warm during operation, there's nothing wrong with it.

----------------

If there is nothing wrong with the amp, why are you trying to put heatsinks on it?

it's just my personal preference, i just wanna have some better heat emmiting. I can have it without the heatsink. The amp is warm, but not hot. Go and have a feel at your HT amp, they are warm too but there is nothing wrong with it. This is what i found under their FAQ "The 4.1 speakers will run warm when in use due to their design. It should not be uncomfortable to leave your hand on the back panel for 5 seconds. "