subwoofer search

atree

Looking to add a subwoofer to my ancient Heresies. Unfortunately my budget is limited to $450+/- because I need a new a/v receiver. Have thought about Klipsch RW10 or 12, JBL S120PII, Infinity PS12 or something equivalent. For now my usage is 80/20 music (jazz, classical, Dead) to movies. Its quite a ways to an audio store (80 or 120 miles!) and I cannot stand Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. so I may not be able to listen to many. Thoughts?

I demo'd both the HSU Research VTF-2 and VTF-3. I recommend both - they are excellent. I went with the VTF-3 since it was constructed better and had a bit more range, but the VTF-2 is no lightweight! You can get the VTF-2 new from several places - one I just found tonight - Home Theater Plus - for under $400. Here is the whole link:

http://search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/nsearch?query=hsu&catalog=hometheaterplus&.autodone=http%3A%2F%2Fstore.yahoo.com%2Fhometheaterplus%2Fnsearch.html

E-Bay is a good place to look for the VTF-3 too.

Good Luck.

There is member selling a used sw-15. I have a version of this sub, and although it does not dig as deep as some built nowadays it is an incredible sub. Specs on website. I do not know of any experience others have had, but I assure you it will knock your socks off. I have sent amessage expressing interest but cant do it now so if he can sell to another forum user it's best for the both of you.