Sunfire Super Junior

T_Shomaker

I went to Ultimate Electronics today to listen to a few subwoofers and I was really excited about hearing the Sunfire Super Junior. I listened to a few subwoofers then the salesman went to the back and brought out the Sunfire because they didn't have one out on the floor. He hooked it up and I was extremely disapointed to say the least. I couldn't feel or even hear it. I thought this was supposed to be a really good sub. Whatever I tried to play on it sounded bad. So I started looking around the store at different things and the sub I liked the most if I remember correctly was a Definitive Technology ProSub 200TL. I really liked this one I heard it and I felt it. I think it was way better than the sunfire at about half the price! I didn't really like any of the subwoofers they had there (synergy,kef,infinity).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prob. was the Signature model, I have it...and that sub is just ****ing sick. I would dare not try it in a smaller room as it would eat me alive at 30hz. Its friggin loud enough in a bigger room.

I've never heard any of Def. Tech's subwoofers, so I couldn't comment on it compared to any of the Sunfire models.

Dude there is a problem

A.The Sunfire subwoofers do not have any punch in the upper bass,they perform from 60hz down.And their output is very GOOD.

B.The clown did not set the sub properly,and it was out of phase with the mains.It apears from your description it was the case.

C.The sub was defective,as only on very very deep bass and LOUD DEEP bass do the woofer and PR move a good deal.

Conclusion you did not hear a Sunfire you heard a BS setup performed by a salesman who knows as much about subs and setup asI did at age 1.

BTW the Sunfire Sunper Junior OUTPERFORMS the def tech you listed.Down low that is

Period

I am sorry Ear but the sub was setup right and placed correctly in the corner what I played was very low bass. IMO my Heresys did a better job on this song than the sunfire did. Also the salesman wasn't an idiot he knew a lot about audio equipment. He knew more than me about audio equipment and normally know more than the salesmans at Ultimate Electronics.

"IMO my Heresys did a better job on this song than the sunfire did"

In this case someting with the setup or the sub was wrong.Do not try to tell me otherwise,as I know how a heresy deep bass performance is,poor.And I know the Sunfire,all of the Sunfire subs well.

Sunfire..little toy...wow.

Tell that to my Signature please. 118db at 31.5Hz in my room, 106db at 20hz. Combine that with the impact and accuracy of my Pionner CS-R700's, lol your ears will no doubt hurt with sound db's easily reaching over 120db's. Sunfire Siganture has an impact punch of 80lbs. That sir is force!

HALT!

I just sounded like the EAR's....whoa, I need a drink now.

Anyhoo dude, I didn't mean to rag, thats your opinion, and I respect it.

The signiture IMO is not a like a little toy like the super junior. I listened to the signiture and I really liked it but I'm 13 and I don't have a job so that is impossible for me to get. The super junior would have been really hard for me to get but I would get it if it was as good as everybody says it is.

I am not used to using a sub unless I use my stepdad's HT downstairs with an 18" JBL professional. I currently am not using a subwoofer in my room. I downloaded this song that is kinda like techno music and in the beginning the bass starts high then goes very low then back up again. This song rattles stuff on the walls with ease on my Heresys and it plays everything correctly. But when I tried the Sunfire it started making a noise when the bass went really low. The sunfire went low but it didn't have the output that I want from a subwoofer.