Sunfire Super Junior

T_Shomaker

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"By power I meant punch "

I knew it,well for starters Sunfire subs have almost no punch.They are best served with speakers capable of a solid 50hz outout and crossed over around 50hz.

A JBL or Klipsch Pro style bass bin has HUGE punch and can climb to 200hz with ease,these have punch galore.

And yes a Definitive Powerfield sub will have punch too,as well as Klipsch RW and RSW.

I would look at a Klipsch RW12 and give this sub a serious listen.If punch is what you like

Nah it was messuared around 80lbs (100lbs at absolute most). But then again, I don't think people relise just how powerful that is..but ill give you an example.

Mike Tyson in his prime, had a 50lbs pressured punch, something like that was able to knock a guy flat on his back, with the ability to see stars into the next month. Now..add 30 more pounds.

See what I mean. Sunfire is about depth/slam, not sheer octave boosted punch.

D***, I didnt realize that. Sunfire was saying something about one of their subs having an impact punch of 150 pounds. I will try to find it later and post it up. They were also saying if you were under 150 pounds, you could stand on it and youll go up and down. I found that kind of humorous...

----------------

On 2/16/2004 1:07:37 AM InnovaZero wrote:

Nah it was messuared around 80lbs (100lbs at absolute most). But then again, I don't think people relise just how powerful that is..but ill give you an example.

----------------

Engineering question here...

You say 80LBS....is this a force?.... ? I mean like 80 pounds of weight ?

Or do you mean 80 lbs/sqin...which is pressure?

and what instrument are they using to measure this?

Curious.................

----------------

On 2/16/2004 5:15:25 PM Rdmarsiii wrote:

I think he is talking about pressure. I know I am.

----------------

AIR PRESSURE? then where do they put the air pressure gage? and how the heck ya hook it up to a speaker?

OR is the speaker put into a air tight chamber?

This is new to me rating subs with air pressure

I've demo'd many subs in a lot of good (and bad) installations. The Sunfire subs are engineered very well and are awesome for their size, but if you place them wrong they're comparitively quiet in a decently large room. Well placed, however, they're very effective. But you're also paying a very hefty price in engineering such a sub to be in such a small enclosure. If you don't have those size constraints then you'd be much better off just getting a bigger sub for less $.

I have a PB2+ and it's a monster that weighs nearly 150 pounds, but it literally shakes my floor to the point of worrying about structural integrity. I've never heard another sub (short of the B4+) that comes anywhere close for around $1000. It has 2 high output 12's and a 900rms (over 2000+ watts dynamic) amp. It makes a good end table, too.

The point is if you have size restrictions then the sunfire would be good, otherwise you can get better for a better price if you want sacrifice some living room space.9.gif

Oh, and ps. The PB2+ is crystal clear as well.

Some techno song huh? I imagine the song "Zion" from the Matrix (Rave ina' Cave!!2.gif3.gif ) would demonstrate the power of a Sunfire. Especially the very beggining. For classical around here the 1812 Overture seems to be the favorite choice. As for movies, the ice crystal scene in Titan A.E. has been recomended many many times.

Try those out if you ever go back. I think I speak for the EAR here when I say if that doesn't floor you, something is very very wrong.

Another song to listen to that is also on their website is Vogue by Madonna. It sounds awesome on my PM 4.1 and would probably knock you out with a Signature. But I am sick and tired of getting chewed out by my Dad because he doesnt like feeling the subwoofer. I had the volume at less than one fourth power and he said it was shaking his insides. It was on Behind Blue Eyes. It was the remake by I think Kidrock, but I am not sure...

"How big are the drivers in the Super Junier and the Signature?"

Sunfire Super Junior,the woofer and the PR is around 5",the outside of the driver...8".Huge sourrounds,the piston travel is the highest of any 8" woofer made,or close.

Sunfire Mark II and Mark IV,around 6.5" pistons on the PR and woofer,the driver and PR are classified as 10".Again massive travel to make up for the small piston surface.

Sunfire Signature around 8,5" pistons and same linear and peak travel as the Mark II/IV.Driver and PR classified as 12".

If only Bob would design a 15" Sunfire,around 10-10.5 piston and add more throw to the woofer and PR.Would be an absolute killer

Oups the Klipsch police is after me...6.gif must go 2.gif