Radio -> Klipsch 5.1's

nickh

I'm not too familiar with the layout of the klipsch 5.1 but is there any easy way to connect a standard am/fm tuner (radio) to the klipsch pm 5.1 ? Just so that I can play the radio through my klipsch. The other option is to get a radio card of some sort for my pc which I'd rather not do.

Nick.

I'm a little angry about this, but I don't think you can connect a standard anything to the system. The 3rd analog jack is center and sub, which provides a problem for a regular headphone jack. I think you need to have the audio tornado 5.1 to use the system without a 5.1 soundcard. Some please tell me I'm wrong on this. I don't want to spend $500 for these.

I think the 5.1 has an additional stereo input port on the control pod, like the 4.1 systems have. Most people use this to hook up a cd/mp3/md player to play music while playing games too.

You should be able to hook up your radio tuner to this port as well. If your tuner has RCA audio outputs, just use an Dual RCA-to-stereo miniplug adapter.

These speakers aren't any different from the 4.1 in terms of inputs with the exception that they have an extra input that gives true discrete 5.1 inputs. Attach the standard 2 1/8" plugs to your source and they will behave exactly like the 4.1s.

-Q