RSW-15 vs, M&k mx5000

ekbriggs

Most THX Setups don't have much under 30hz (like most theaters), and while Klipsch RSW-15 may roll like a mother under 30hz, it still has respectable power at 20hz in even large rooms, as T.V's tests have shown in his big 7500 Cubic ft room. RSW-15 was still belting almost 100db at 20hz (97db). RSW-15 is very potent to 25hz. Its slam ability is mighty.

When I purched my RSW-15, I made comparisons to other subs including various M&K subs. My view was that Klipsch had a better sub dollar for dollar than M&K. The wood finish was also a major factor.

There are significant differences in design between Klipsch and M&K. The better M&K subs use a push/pull design with 12 inch drivers while the Klipsch RSW subs use passive radiators.

I do not use the full capability of my RSW-15 because I like the subwoofer to blend perfectly with the mains.It is nice to have power in reserve.

Bill

Punch to punch the RSW15 take on the M&K 5000 THX and knocks it out.For deep bass the M&K 5000 THX does not fare much better than the RSW15 at 25 and 20Hz,if you are looking for deep bass with GREAT OUTPUT you need a larger vented sub like a SVS(PB/PB2 and PB4 series including all Cylinder series tuned at 20hz) and HSU(VTF3 or TN1220)

Now stop asking or I may get banned by the Klipsch police and Klipsch MP!

Read the Klipsch statement above the forum!

Well dear Klipschers I am not any SVS or Sunfire salesman,and I own over 10K of Klipsch speakers and subs.

1.gif

I have not the least bit of fear that you Ear have nothing to worry about when it comes to being banned. Isn't experience the best teacher. We ask you answer. I like that setup quite nicely. And i feel you innova i tend to be a velodyne whole myself...18" drivers just have that certain look about em.