Sub-oops?

spw1

I'm pulling together a 5.1 system for the new house. I got a good deal on some RB-5's from dealer stock. Also purchased a nicely kept Sony DA50ES from a friend. I will add the center and rear from Klipsch line later. I purchased a new in box KSW 12 to be the system sub. The system will work mostly in musical mode as stereo w/sub.

I just got off the Hsu web site, OOPs, have I made an error here? The KSW 12 is unopened should I sell and if so which Hsu sub would fill the bill. Are they that good?

You've probably noticed that there are very few supporters of the KSW subs even on here? They are Klipsch's entry sub with power to shake the house for you favourite action flick, but there are better subs for less money available. Even in the Klipsch line-up they have been superseded in by the RW units, which cost about the same while being more musical.

Basically you're looking at upgrading before you actually get bored with your current setup. Is an open box KSW worth that much less than a sealed unit?

Is it worth selling it to buy a HSU? I guess it depends on your preferences and on the depreciation on the KSW. A 12" HSU should sound less boomy with similar SPL output but there are other subs which offer similar performance for the $ such as SVS. Unfortunately I have not heard the HSU, but several members on here have/had them with good results, and hopefully one will check in here.

Good luck...

Rob