CD Player not recognizing cds!!!

Thors1982

Not sure if this is the right section... probably troubleshooting maybe general... could even go in two channel. But, I talk more in here so I decided to stay in Home Theater

Anyways, My CD player will play CD's fine no problems at all. But like I have to put a disk in push CD 2 and sometimes it will recognize it and sometimes it won't. It doesn't matter what CD ir is or what slot number. Sometimes I can even push 2, won't work push 2 again and it will play.

This was my mom's CD player and it is kind of old about 5 years. But Still plays fine, do you think I can fix this easily if so how?

it's a 6disc changer...only bay 2 doesn't work? it sounds like a motor problem to me. if you know what you're doing, you can try taking it apart and putting it back together. i can't tell you how many things i've fixed doing this. it's prob just a slipped gear. the fact that the cd sometimes works leads me to believe that your laser is clean...it'd be getting progressively worse if dirty was the issue.